This is my victorian widow's dress, made from black cotton velvet for the skirt and black gabardine for the polonaise style bodice.
For the skirt I used the same pattern as for my other victorian gowns, but slightly altered because originally the skirt has three front parts and I made a singel one out of them to save fabric.
The polonaise pattern is from Truly victorian, exactly the one called TV 410. Although I took the pattern for my size, I had some problems with it because it didn't fit at the front so I had to make an extra dart on each side to solve that problem.
The hat is made by me as well and covered with loads of netting and feathers which makes it look somewhat like an exploded crow
but I like it
I used almost 12 meters of black cord which I hand-stitched to the skirt and the polonaise, and as well tons of paillettes and rocailles.
This gown is not intended to be historical authentic, even though I used flat lining for the polonaise.